In our first blog, we discussed some general facts about Invisalign, and the benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces. If you remember, we talked about how one thing that makes Invisalign so great is that it’s a discreet way for people to straighten their teeth.
With that being said, it’s perfect for adults, and people who are often in the limelight. For actors who want straight teeth, traditional braces aren’t an option.
If they did opt for metal braces, they’d be limiting all of their roles to characters who have a mouth full of metal. This would mean taking a 1-2 year sabbatical from their careers.
Could you imagine if Pierce Brosnan had traditional braces when he tried out for his part of James Bond? Or if Arnold had braces when he was auditioning for the Terminator? Me neither. But if the lady’s man, James Bond had wired braces it would change your entire outlook on the movie.
Dr. Stephen Grussmark is blogging from his Miami practice to discuss some celebrities who had success stories with Invisalign, and how they were able to have Invisalign without anybody noticing.
Celebrities Who Benefited from Invisalign
- Tom Cruise. In Hollywood, Tom Cruise has always been perceived as a handsome actor with a charming smile. However, back in his Top Gun days, his smile was actually quite a bit more crooked than the one you see today. That’s because in 2002, Tom Cruise realized his front teeth weren’t as perfect as they could be and decided to start a combination treatment of Invisalign and ceramic brackets. The cool thing is that he managed to straighten his teeth with Invisalign all under the radar.
- Eva Longoria. During her Desperate Housewives’ days playing Gabrielle Solis, Eva Longoria was desperate for straight bottom teeth. At the age of 36, she decided to begin an Invisalign treatment, and since then, has landed a new role playing in a horror TV show based on Latino folk tales.
- Zac Efron. Zac Efron has come a long way since his gap-toothed High School Musical days. In fact, he closed the gap with Invisalign and now has a full and white smile. Since fixing his smile, he’s landed more dapper “grown-up” roles with his new grown-up smile. Oh, and not to mention, Invisalign allowed him to fix his smile without anyone realizing.
- Katherine Heigle. In 2007, Katherine Heigle wanted her wedding to be perfect, the only thing was that her smile wasn’t perfect. So, she decided to get Invisalign to fix her crooked smile before her wedding. With Invisalign, she was able to treat her teeth while still maintaining her role in the hit series, Grey’s Anatomy.
- Khloe Kardashian. In a family like the Kardashian’s, there’s a lot of pressure in looking perfect. Khloe Kardashian’s teeth were already pretty straight before she decided to try Invisalign, but they weren’t reaching their full potential. She was able to straighten her smile, while starring on the reality TV show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Interestingly enough, no one knew the reality of her having Invisalign.
- Oprah Winfrey. Oprah Winfrey is well-known for a lot of things, and to her convenience, Invisalign wasn’t one of those. When Oprah decided she wanted to fix her smile and had to make the choice between braces and Invisalign, she immediately chose Invisalign. She was happy with the transformation.
- Miley Cyrus. During her Hannah Montana era, Miley Cyrus’s smile was a good bit less than perfect. Since then, she’s undergone a bit of cosmetic dentistry to get the beautiful smile she shows off in her singing career. For one, she wore lingual braces, Invisalign, then further perfected her teeth with dental veneers. Nowadays, she’s known for anything but her cosmetic dental treatment. If anything she’s notorious for her risque music videos and riotous attitude.
- Anna Kendrick. Anna Kendrick is well-known for her nerdy and quirky personality. Something that’s less-known about her is that she’s going through Invisalign treatment. Unlike other stars, she isn’t shy about it at all. She often tweets about how she needs to remember to put them in. She even went as far to show her custom label for her Invisalign case deemed as “ANNA’S GRILLZ.”
How Invisalign Gives You a Hollywood Smile
As we’ve mentioned throughout our site, Invisalign works by wearing aligners that straighten your teeth throughout the day. What makes Invisalign so special is that they’re clear aligners that are made out of a thermoplastic material.
They look similar to teeth whitening trays, except they’re custom-made for your teeth and virtually invisible. In fact, most people can’t even tell that you’re wearing Invisalign, unless they’re closer than 3 feet to you.
The thermoplastic design shifts your teeth, using a specially engineered strength. Invisalign controls the force, so that too much pressure isn’t being placed on your teeth. During your treatment plan, we will map the straightening of your teeth by making sure that only certain teeth are moving.
Invisalign is easier to fit into a busy schedule, because the aligners don’t require any sort of wire adjustments. This means fewer trips to the doctor, and more time living your busy life.
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to learn more about the Invisalign system, then keep checking out our blog. We will discuss how the system has proven success, local events, and other tooth-related stories. To learn more about the Invisalign system today, call our office at 305-842-2592 for a free no obligation consultation.